Sunday, March 23, 2008

A New Dog Blanket For My Pup

A few days ago I decided to splash out a few dollars on a new dog blanket for my little pup who had just about worn out his present one and was beginning to get all cold and shivering as the weather is still cold at this time of the year. Sometimes I feel that the warmth of the sofa isn't enough and by laying the dog blanket over it for the dog to rest on, it not only prevents your sofa from getting all clogged up with dog hair, there is an additional layer of warmth provided for your pet as well. While I only have dogs in my house, note that these blankets can also be used for your other pets like cats.

So what I got was an Oxford Prep dog blanket, which is a stripe quilted design, with lots of nice colored stripes which looks like the prep clothes won by Oxford or English student, which is perhaps the reason for the name. I wasn't sure what the blanket was made of, so I enquired about the material used. Apparently it is made of Sherpa fleece, which is really soft and smooth to the touch, and surprisingly retain warmth very well for a dog blanket. In fact, if it wasn't called a dog blanket, I might have used it myself in bed. That's how comfortable it was.

Here's a catalog picture of what the Oxford Prep dog blanket looks like:


Doesn't it look just so comfortable even without touching it? Well, for all that comfort and snazzy design, you have to shell out quite a bit for this dog blanket. However, I love it to bits and even my little pup has taken quite a liking to it, preferring to lie on it and for once, stop running round the house and driving me nuts, which does do my head in sometimes.

I cannot imagine getting another new dog blanket for awhile, since this one has quickly become a favorite of mine and my puppy. Hopefully it does not wear out too fast but it said that the material is machine washable so I will give it a test for some time. Still, I am keen to get more of it but it will be before I learn how to clean dog blankets properly as I seem to wear them out fast with each turn in the washing machine. Sometimes I have to wash it frequently as it seems that my pet sheds hair fast on the blanket and I wonder if I might be doing it wrongly. Most of these items are said to be pet hair blankets as well and should be able to wash cleanly and properly and removing the hair.